Thursday 5 March 2015

The Big Bethany Sleepout

In a recent interview on STV's Fountainbridge Show I agreed, in principle, that I would sleep out to raise funds for one of our local homelessness organisations. 

As expected, I received an email shortly after taking me up on the offer. Therefore, I have agreed to give up my bed for the night on Friday 20th March and attend the Bethany Christian Trust Big Sleepout 2015.

The event is to raise funds funds which will help homeless and vulnerable families. I understand that Ewan and Hayley from the Fountainbridge Show have agreed to join me and give the event some much needed coverage.

Last year in Scotland it is estimated that there were around 70,000 homeless individuals and families living without a permanent home.

Bethany works with homeless and vulnerable people across the whole of Scotland giving them practical help, accommodation, equipping them with skills and supporting them as they move on. They help around 6000 homeless people each year but I want to support them to reach out to even more. There are currently around 38 people using the Bethany emergency winter care shelter in Edinburgh every night.

Please consider a modest donation and help me to raise vital, live-saving funds. You can donate on-line through this link -

No comments: