Saturday 4 December 2010

Clear roads ahead ?

Having received hundreds of emails and telephone calls from residents of Baberton, Juniper Green, Currie, Balerno and Ratho in the last week about the horrendous conditions they have been enduring I'm going to head for Currie and Balerno today (by bus, wouldn't be clever to have another car stuck in the snow !) and see what's happening on the ground. I hope I will see teams of Council workers and contractors with heavy duty machinery clearing and gritting roads and pavements. That's certainly what I've been calling for all week. There is some evidence that the Council have listened but I want to make sure proper progress is being made. I did invite four (very) senior officials of the Council join me today on site. Two declined and the other two didn't reply. Bit disappointed about that.

No comments: